We are back to homeschool for this year and one of my kids is going to college.
How is your homeschool going?
A lot of members in the group want to know how to start homeschooling their kids.
If your kids are in the school age, 7 years old, then you have to formally homeschool them at home.
If you want to start homeschooling for big kids, then you should withdraw your kids from your school by writing the letter of intent to Board of Education and the principal of school to let them know that you are going to homeschool your kids.
If you need the sample of the letter withdrawal, it is in here.
You can start homeschooling when you get the approval letter from Board of Education, in one or two weeks.
Some of other suggestions are:
- Finding out about the regulation of homeschooling in your state.
- Finding your homeschooling group so you can get support from the group.
- Finding some used or new text books or reading books that you can use for your kids.
- Keeping all the homeworks that you have done with your kids.
- Writing down the plan and the journal, it is good way to use as record keeping.
- Always be happy with your kids surrounding you at home.
- Having alot of patience (sabr).
- Always making alot of doa to Allah.