Monday, December 3, 2007

Why Muslim can NOT eat Pork

A person after travelling a long distance,
with dispersed hairs and covered with dust,
raises his hands for the prayer
and says O Allah!, O Allah!
But his food is Haram,
his drink is Haram and his dress is Haram.
So how can his prayer be accepted by Allah?
(Mishkat Sharif)

Note: It means that without Halal food, our Duas are not accepted at all.


This is a good conversation between Bob and Yunus about "Why Muslim can NOT eat pork":

Bob: Tell me why is it that a Muslim is very particular about the words Halaal and haraam; what do they mean?

Yunus: That which is permissible is termed Halaal and that which is not permissible is termed Haraam and it is the Quran which draws the distinction between the two.

Bob: Can you give me an example?

Yunus: Yes, Islam has prohibited blood of any type. You will agree that a chemical analysis of blood shows that it contains an abundance of uric acid, a chemical substance which can be injurious to human health.

Bob: You’re right about the toxic nature of uric acid, in the human being it is excreted as a waste product and in fact we are told that 98 percent of the body’s uric acid is extracted from the blood by the kidneys and removed through urination.

Yunus: Now I think that you’ll appreciate the special prescribed method of animal slaughter in Islam.

Bob: What do you mean?

Yunus: You see, the wielder of the knife, whilst taking the name
of the ‘Almighty’, makes an incision through the jugular veins, leaving all other veins and organs intact.

Bob: I see, this causes the death of the animal by total loss of blood from the body, rather than an injury to any vital organ.

Yunus: Yes, were the organs, example the heart, the liver, or the
brain crippled or damaged, the animal could die immediately and its blood would congeal in its veins and would eventually permeate the flesh. This implies that the animal flesh would be permeated and contaminated with uric acid and therefore very poisonous; only today did our dieticians realize such a thing.

Bob: Again, while on the topic of food; Why do Muslims condemn the eating of pork or ham or any foods related to pigs or swine.

Yunus: Actually, apart from the Quran prohibiting the consumption
of pork, bacon (pig flesh); in fact the Bible too in Leviticus chapter 11, verse 8, regarding swine it says,” of their flesh (of the swine, another name for pig) shall you not eat, and of their carcass you shall not touch;they are unclean to you. Further, did you know that a pig cannot be slaughtered at the neck for it does not have a neck; that is according to its natural anatomy. A Muslim reasons that if the pig was to be slaughtered and fit for human consumption the Creator would have provided it with a neck. Nonetheless, all that aside,I am sure you are well informed about the harmful effects of the consumption of pork, in any form, be it pork chops, ham, bacon.

Bob: The medical science finds that there is a risk for various disease as the pig is found to be a host for many parasites and potential diseases.

Yunus: Yes, even apart from that, as we talked about uric acid content in the blood, it is important to note that the pig’s biochemistry excretes only 2 percent of its total uric acid content, the remaining 98 percent remains as an integral part of the body.


Do not forget that blood is source of diseases.

I think It is not about halal or haram.
The most important is that our IMAN is being tested.
If we have good IMAN, we have to follow what it had been commanded and to get rid of what it had been prohibited.
If we have weak IMAN. Then Syaitans will easy ruin our IMAN.

IMAN has six pillars, taught to us by the Prophet (SAW). These pillars are:
- Belief in Allah;
- Belief in the angels;
- Belief in the Quran;
- Belief in the commissioned Messengers (peace be upon them).
- Belief in the resurrection and the events of Qiyama.
- Belief in the predestination by Allah of all things, both the (seemingly) good and the (seemingly) bad..
May Allah make our IMAN strong and always in the right path. Ameen.

To watch the video:
1. What is meant by Halal Meat?
2. Halal Animal Slaughter - Conteporary Issues- Bilal Philips
3. Are Muslim eating Halal in Canada
4. Halal Meat in US