On March 29, at 8 p.m. , Insha Allah, we'll be joining the (hopefully) millions of people around the world in making a statement about climate change by turning off our lights for an hour. You can see Earth Hour.
Let's help to protect our earth.
In the Qur'an, Allah said that "He created nature in a balance, and that it is mankind's responsibility to maintain this fragile equilibrium."
The word "earth" is mentioned in the Qur'an 485 times.
Global warming is an indication that Allah's creation is harming.
We know that:
- increasing atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases released by human activities, such as burning fossil fuels and deforestation, are warming the Earth.
- receding Glaciers
- average temperatures in some big cities have risen over the last years,
- there's an increase in the intensity of hurricanes,
- deforestation, the trees are the very resource that absorb the carbon dioxide that we spew into the atmosphere by the mega ton.
- the very human ecology is collapsing
- burning fossil fuels, this very frequently conducted process is seriously threatening the Earth's climate.
- accumulation of animal manure, which lets off methane—another greenhouse gas.
All of the above are causing the global warming in our earth.
We have to protect the earth by
- helping to clean the ecology
- limiting global-warming pollution
- doing an annual cleanup of the rivers, roads, and parks
- planting trees
- encouraging a decrease in emissions and more clean energy
- limiting carbon-dioxide pollution
Lights out: Earth Hour goes global.
More than 20 cities around the world will switch off their lights in the climate change awareness event Earth Hour.
On 31 March 2007, more than 2 million Sydney businesses and households turned off their lights for one hour, Earth Hour, creating a powerful global message that it's possible to take action on climate change. Earth Hour inspired the world and in 2008, other major cities will be joining to take a stand.
Earth Hour is about more than one night. Its about inspiring you everyday to make changes that will help achieve Earth Hour's ultimate goal of reducing emissions by 5%.
Activities and worksheets to learn about Earth for kids
- You can get some worksheet in Caring for Earth and Earth Day
- Another worksheet for teacher guide
- Another Quick Activities
- Earth Day Ideas
To see the videos: