Doa After Eating
Alhamdulillahillazee at 'amanaa wa saqaanaa wa kafaa naa wa awaa naa
Translation: All Praises be to Allah, who provides us food, drink, satisfaction and protection
Related Hadith: Anas (RA) reported that the Messenger of Allah SAW said: “Allah, Most High, is pleased when a man eats something and praises Him for it, or drinks something and praises Him for it.” (Muslim)
"And eat and drink and waste not. Truly, Allah loves not the wasteful"
Some of Sunnahs of Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad [PBUH]
1. Sunnahs of Eating :
- Wash both hands before eating.
- Recite doa before eating.
When Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) put his hand in the food, he would say, “Bismillaah (with the Name of Allah),’’ and he told people to say this when eating. He said, “When any one of you eats, let him mention the name of Allah. If he forgets to mention the name of Allah at the beginning, let him say ‘Bismillaahi fee awwalihi wa aakhirihi,’
- Eat with the right hand.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) commanded people to eat with their right hands and forbade them to eat with their left hands. He said, “The shaitan eats with his left hand and drinks with his left hand.” This implies that eating with the left hand is haram (unlawful), and this is the correct view, because the one who eats with his left hand is either a shaitan (devil), or he is imitating the shaitan.
- One should not eat very hot food/do not blow on food.
- If a morsel of food falls down pick it up, clean it and eat it.
- Do not lean while eating.
- After eating one should lick his fingers.
- Recite doa after eating.
- After meals wash both the hands, thereafter gargle the mouth.
2. Sunnahs of Drinking:
- A Muslim should drink with right hand because shaitan (satan) drinks with left hand.
- Sit and drink.
- Recite "Bismillah" before drinking and say "Alhamdulillah" after drinking.
- Drink in three breaths and remove utensil from mouth after each sip.
- Do not drink directly from the jug or bottle one should pour the content into the glass first and have a look at water and then drink.
How to Teach the kids about halal and Haram Foods:
- Let the kids learn to read the ingredients from the boxes or the wrappers.
You can print out the list of the haram ingredients that they can not eat.
1. List of Halal and Haram Ingredients
2. Eat Halal - lesson 1
3. Eat Halal - lrsson 2
If they’re still not sure, then they cann’t eat or drink it. You can help them by calling the company or writing e-mail to the company to find out about the ingredients.
Some of the ingredients that are haram, such as:
alcohol, monodiglycerides from animals, gelatin from aimals, enzymes from animals, rennet L-cysteine, etc.
- The other activites that I did with my kids were cutting some pictures from old magazines or newspapers to make group list of products, foods, drinks, etc. which are halal or haram.
- You can make some words puzzles about the list of ingredients that are haram to eat. These are some puzzles that you can make to print out.
1. Print out Word Puzle for List of Haram ingredients
2. Word Search for List of Haram Ingredients
Some of the list:of haram ingredients are:
- When you go to groceries, let the kids read the ingredients, and they will learn and practice how to find out and read the ingredients first before buying the foods or any products.
- For big kids, you can ask them to do research about the science of those ingredients and other haram foods.
All these activities will teach the kids always aware about what they eat.
Insha Allah, the kids will take care of themself not to eat haram foods.
1. Halal Digest
2. Muslim Consumer Group
3. Quiz Halal Food
4. Halal & Healthy
5. The Sunnah Way of Eating
6. List of Halal and Haram Ingredients
Our lecture for the weekend is about The Journey of Worship by Yasir Qadhi.
I think it is vey good lecture to gain our iman strength.
It's all about:
- why we worship Allah,
- how to worship Him,
- how to perfect that worship,
- and what the levels of worship are.
Lecture The Journey of Worship - by Sheikh Yassir Qadhi
It's about 60 minutes.
For sharing some ayah from Quran about "What Quran says regarding Parents?" are as following:
1. [4.Surah An-Nisaa : Ayah 36]
"And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of (your) kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful."
2. [6.Surah Al-An'am : Ayah 151]
"Show kindness to your parents, and do not slay your children for (fear of) poverty-- We provide for you and for them."
3. [17.Surah Bani Israel : Ayah 23-24]
"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word."
"And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little."
4. [29.Surah Al-Ankabut : Ayah 8]
"And We have enjoined on man goodness to his parents, and if they contend with you that you should associate (others) with Me, of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them, to Me is your return, so I will inform you of what you did."
5. [31.Surah Luqman : Ayah 14]
"And We have enjoined man in respect of his parents,...Be grateful to Me and to both your parents; to Me is the eventual coming."
6. [46.Surah Al-Ahqaf : Ayah 15]
"And We have enjoined on man doing of good to his parents; with trouble did his mother bear him and with trouble did she bring him forth; and the bearing of him and the weaning of him was thirty months."
This week, Let's memorize surah Al Kawthar and surah Al Buruj:
Surah Al Kawthar (my youngest daughter's favorite surah):
1. Surah Al Kawthar
2. Surah al-Kawthar - Mishary Rashid al-Afasy
3. Surah Al Kawthar
4. Awesome Rcitation of Surat Al-Kawthar
One of my students is memorizing surah Al Buruj. Let's memorize the surah together.
1. Surah Al Burooj recited by Saud Al-Shuraim
2. Surah Al-Buruj (The Big Stars) Salih Talib- Clear Qualit
3. Surah Al Buruj
4. Sa'ud Shuraim - Al Buruj
5. Surah Al Buruj with English Translation
6. Surah Al Buruj
7. Surah Burooj (Sheikh Saleh Taleb)
8. Al-Burooj----Sheik Abdul Rahman
9. Sura Al-Burug by As-Sudais
You maybe want to use:
1. Listen Quran MP3
2. Quran Transliteration
1. Johnny's Math Page: Interactive Math Games & Activities
Age Range: 5-13 (grades K-8).
This website offers all kinds of interactive math games, tools, and activities.
2. Activities Worksheet for Calculation & Reasoning Practice Sheets
For Age 8 -18.
3. Learn Math: Numbers, Measures, and Handling Datas
For Language Arts:
You need Adobe Acrobat to download the worksheets.
1. Phonics Worksheet: My Riddle Book
For grade K-1.
2. Worksheet Using Directional Words: Where are the Animals?
For grade K-1.
3. Worksheet Reading Maps: A Frozen Land
For grade 2-3.
4. Worksheet Verbs: Action Verbs
For grade 2-3.
5. Worksheet Reading Diagrams: Get Moving
For grade 4-6.
6. Worksheet write paragraph: Strong Verbs
For grade 4-6.
7. Blend Sound Together
For Interactive Game:
1. Learn Writing
2. Learn Spelling and Grammar
3. All First Grade Skills
Please look under Language Arts to find Consonant blends and Vowel blends.
4. Kindergarten Literacy and Math
For Foreign Language:
1. Say Hello to the World
1. Snow - Activities
For age : 4-18.
2. Nasa Education: The Adventure of Echo the Bat
For age 4-17.
3. Amusement Park Physics: Roller Coaster
For age 8-18
4. Dental Teeth: Take Look at your Teeth (Teacher's Guide)
For grade K =1.
You need Adobe Acrobat to download the worksheet.
5. Learn Living Things, Materials, Physical Processes
For Social Studies / History:
1. Ancient Egypt Webquest
For age 6-18.
The students will learn about ancient Egyptian daily life (especially the lives of children), Egyptian mummies, Egyptian Hieroglyphics, King Tut (Tutankhamen), Egyptian games, and Archeology.
2. 50 States and Capitals
1. Kids Around the World: Jordan
For grade 4-6.
For Virtual Field Trip:
1. Polar Bears - Seaworld in San Diego, California
2. Wild Artic Fun Guide
3. Virtual Jelly Belly Factory Tour