Last night, I got sad news that my old friend in my country
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi Rojiun.
Soon or later, we are going to have our turn to return to Allah.
As Muslim, we have to prepare and get ready anytime.
Then my husband asked my kids to read Al Quran with translation about surah Al Imran ayah 106-109.
"Oh the Day [some] faces will turn white and [some] faces will turn black.
"But as for those whose faces turn white,
"These are verses of Allah.
"To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens
After reading these verses above, my kids learned that we have to do good deeds in this world to prepeare for the next life. The faces of people in paradise will be white, and also handsome and beautiful.
If we are doing bad deeds in this world then
Alhamdulillah, the kids, my husband, and I always love to sit together and learn about Al Quran, sometimes we read some hadiths, too.
Insha Allah, You will do it to your kids at home.
For Islamic Studies:
Let's learn about Manner and Descriptions of Prophet Muhammad SAW.
Amr Ibn Al-Harith, a brother-in-law of the Prophet (pbuh), says that
He was always the first to greet another and would not withdraw his hand from a handshake till the other man withdrew his. If one wanted to say something in his ears, he would not turn away till one had finished.
He did not like people to get up for him and used to say, "Let him who likes people to stand up in his honour, he should seek a place in hell."
He used to visit the poorest of ailing persons and exhorted all Muslims to do likewise.
He would sit with the humblest of persons saying that righteousness alone was the criterion of one's superiority over another. He invariably invited people be they slaves, servants or the poorest believers, to partake with him of his scanty meals.
"He would then offer chaste prayers and go home and get busy with household work."
On the authority of Ali, Tirmidhi has recorded that the Prophet (pbuh) had carefully apportioned his time according to the demands on him for offering worship to Allah public affairs, and personal matters.
Some of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)'s descriptions are:
1. His Appearance
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was of a height a little above the average. He was of sturdy build with long muscular limbs and tapering fingers. The hair of his head was long and thick with some waves in them. His forehead was large and prominent, his eyelashes were long and thick, his nose was sloping, his mouth was somewhat large and his teeth were well set. His cheeks were spare and he had a pleasant smile. His eyes were large and black with a touch of brown.
2. His dress generally consisted of a shirt, tamad (trousers), a sheet thrown round the shoulders and a turban.
3. His house was but a hut with walls of unbaked clay and a thatched roof of palm leaves covered by camel skin.
4. His a pillow stuffed with palm leaves.
5. His blanket had several patches.
6. His character was:
- and sincerity.
His manner was perfect.
7. He was especially fond of children. He would pick up children in his arms, play with them, and kiss them.
8. He preached to the people to trust in Allah (SWT).
9. The Prophet (pbuh) asked people to be just and kind.
10. He mixed with everyone on equal term. He ate with slaves, servants and the poorest on the same sheet.
11. He showed kindness to each other and to all living souls.
12. He treated the poor kindly and to help them with alms, Zakat, and in other ways.
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was the perfect human in this world.
We are not perfect but we should always trying to be perfect as best as we could.
Sources: Description of Prophet Muhammad SAW
For Al Quran:
1. Al Quran Flash
Let memorize Al Quran (099)surah Az Zalzalah (The Earthquake):
1. Surah Az Zalzalah
2. Surah Az Zalzalah
3. Surat Az Zalzalah (99)
4. Yaasir Ad Dosari- Surah Az Zalzalah
5. Surah Az-Zalzalah  Sheikh Maahir
6. Surah Az Zalzalah
7. Surah Az Zalzalah
8. Surat Az-Zalzala(The Earthquake)
Let's learn Whole Number.
This applet explores the use of an abacus model for representing numbers and for performing addition.
2. Factor Game
The Factor Game is a fun, interactive game that exercises your factoring ability. You can play against the computer or against a friend.
3. Math Wheel The boys love to play this game.
For Language Arts:
Let's learn grammar.
1. Learn to Make Sentences
2. Learn to put sentences together
3. Getting the Right Tense
4. Verb Subject Agreement
5. Punctuation: Commas
8. Personnal Pronouns
11. Double Negatives
1. An Adventure in Protozoan Art
Learn about "The Creatures That Live in Your Pond."
2. The Great Backyard Bird Count
It offers an incredible opportunity for your family to participate in a real scientific research study on wild bird populations - just by counting the birds you see in your own backyard and reporting your results by following the directions at the GBBC website.
1. Stateris Games
The game consist three level: easy, medium, and hard.
Statetris is an interesting game mixing aspects of the popular game 'Tetris' and geography. Instead of positioning the typical Tetris blocks, you position states/countries at their proper location.
Try: Africa, Brazil, Europe, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, South Carolina UK, USA.
My kids love to play this game.
2. Country Studies from A to Z
You choose the country to study from A to Z.
For Social Studies:
1. People chart - Timeline from -1000 BC to 2000
2. World History Civilization
For middle and high school.